Saturday, March 19, 2011

College Daybreak

I'll be honest. I'm not much of news person. When I'm at home, I might pick up the paper if I'm bored, but even then, it's usually just to read the Life section. With all that's been going on in the world lately, however, I've been feeling kind of bad about my lack of news knowledge. I signed up for The New York Times news alerts thinking that I'd at least be aware of something important like a major catastrophe or an alien invasion. Instead, I got "important" news updates like "Charlie Sheen fired from Two and a Half Men." So, I unsubscribed. That's where College Daybreak came into the picture. College Daybreak provides a weekdaily news update. They post a selection of headlines, and under these headlines, they post a few highlights from the article. If you're interested in the article, you can click a link to read the whole thing.
I didn't know what to use as a picture, so I took a screencap of my inbox full of College Daybreak. Don't judge me for still using Juno. Just don't, okay? 




College Daybreak may seem like a lazy alternative to just reading the news. However, for me the alternative would probably be to completely skip the news altogether. It's not a fact I'm proud of, but it's the truth. Plus, I really enjoy reading my College Daybreak newsletter every morning. They have a good mix of fun, fluffy news and serious stuff that I should know. If you're not a college student, you may be a bit wary of this. While it's geared towards college students, I think it's useful to anyone who's not a huge news-reader. It's a free email, so giving it a shot couldn't hurt.

If you thing College Daybreak sounds interesting, you can sign up at their site:
http://collegedaybreak.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment